Powering your custom projects
Our building blocks make it simple to build your own map-based content projects and apps.
Our GraphQL API
Leverage Alpaca’s fully capable GraphQL API. There’s no limit to what you can create or integrate with our API, but here are some examples to get you started;
- Authoring, accessing, syncinging and storing of data such as itineraries
- Reading in an itinerary (e.g. creating a cards list)
- Reading in from the collection to represent cards on the interface
- Creating your own website browsing the places plotted in Alpaca
- Manage a places database
- Building your own trip planner for website visitors – manage a saved list, add routes, view/share
- Integrating data from Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), such as loading in opening times, more information about the venue (providing developers one source – our API – for all their tourism info)
- Providing directions and travel time estimates
- Providing a reverse address lookup
- Pushing or Pulling data from Alpaca (e.g. import/export)
- Export data capabilities – PDF, GPX, KML, GeoJSN, Polyline and more…
- Creating isochrone data
- Creating an app to build itineraries on our platform
- Integrating with MUI
Hosted Mapping Services
Build beautiful interactive maps. Author the content within Alpaca, then export to view however you like.
Here are some ideas of what you could create;
- Export and display Alpaca authored content on to any mapping product (including Mapbox and Google Maps)
- A simple SVG that shows itineraries represented in a basic non-interactive form (eg. useful for print)
- A map with elevation data for a plotted route (e.g. an elevation/altitude graph).
- A 3D projection of a walk up a mountain range (3d terrain projection) with animation.
- A camera following a route of a walk slowly (e.g. satellite view)
- A 3D city map with points of interest in a pitched example
- A basic interactive itinerary, where the places can be clicked and load information about that point (e.g. routes, markers, etc) and demonstrating loading information from the API
- Custom styles from mapbox showing the data can be styled however you want
- Simple PDF output of the map locations
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, and to get access to our API.